U.S. Organic Food Market Size Worth $70.4 Billion by 2025 Hexa Research
FELTON, California, July 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The U.S. organic food market size is expected to reach USD 70.4 billion by 2025 as a result of increasing demand from consumers. Consumers in U.S. seek convenient purchasing options and organic food, which is now easily available, is gaining popularity. These food products are available in more than 20,000 natural food stores and conventional grocery stores across the country.
Over the past decade, organic food has witnessed significant growth. Sold initially only around farms, today it is available at local grocery stores, supermarkets, and hypermarkets. For instance, Walmart sells organic produce from local farms in their grocery section. Thus, increasing preference for local produce among consumers is also expected to drive the organic food industry over the forecast period.
Furthermore, people are now increasingly aware of the use of chemicals and pesticides in the food industry. Various widely-used pesticides can cause chronic diseases such as cancer and birth defects. For instance, scientists found that glyphosate, a widely-used herbicide in agriculture, can lead to various diseases such as reproductive problems, cancer, and damaged DNA. Today glyphosate is increasingly being used in about 94% soya crops and more than 89% corn cultivated in U.S. As organic products are free of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and toxic chemicals, they are perceived safe for consumption. Thus, rising health concerns owing to use of synthetic pesticides and herbicides is expected to drive the organic food market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "U.S. Organic Food Market Size And Forecast, By Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy Products, Prepared Food, Beverages, Others) , And Trend Analysis, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/us-organic-food-market
Increasing environmental concerns among consumers are expected to drive demand for natural food produce in U.S. Organic farming benefits the environment; these practices help maintain soil pH levels and prevent growth of super-pest strains. Organic farming helps maintain biodiversity as it supports pollinators and is free of herbicides and pesticides. People are increasingly concerned about what they eat, the origin of that produce, and the possible effect of consuming them. Hence, rising number of consumers seeking clean label products is expected to drive the U.S. organic food market over the forecast period.
The government has also developed special logos for customers to easily differentiate between organic and conventional foods. These certifications are expected to increase the sale of organic foods. Moreover, sustainability practices such as zero waste and water preservation are gaining popularity among major producers. For instance, in April 2016, Natures Path earned two zero waste certifications for two of its manufacturing facilities. Zero waste helps reduce plastic pollution, landfill, and burying waste, thus, reducing environmental impact. Manufacturers are focusing on reducing their carbon footprint by adopting renewable energy sources. All these factors are anticipated to attract consumers and drive the U.S. organic food market over the forecast period.
Browse more reports by Hexa Research:
- U.S. Online Grocery Retail Market - U.S. online grocery retail market size accounted for USD 13.89 billion in 2017. Grocery e-commerce in U.S. holds high potential, especially with rapid technological advancements and high acceptance of new technologies and concepts among the populace.
- U.S. Savory Snacks Market - U.S. savory snacks market size was valued at USD 33.26 billion in 2017. Changing taste preferences of younger generation is expected to contribute to market growth. Manufacturing companies are trying to edge over their contemporaries through innovation as well as catering to needs of health conscious customers with introduction of gluten-free, low-calorie, and low-fat products.
- Brazil Ice Cream Market - Brazil ice cream market size was estimated at USD 6.14 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow over the forecast period. The growth is largely attributed to the rising disposable income of the country's population coupled with the shift in consumer taste preferences towards ice creams and other frozen desserts.
- Japanese Confectionery Market - Japanese confectionery market was valued at USD 10.29 billion in the year 2017 and is expected to grow over the forecast period. Increasing awareness related to the health benefits of chocolates among the Japanese consumer is the key factor expected to driving the growth of the market.
Hexa Research has segmented the U.S. organic food market report based on type:
Segmentation by type, 2015 - 2025 (USD Billion)
• Fruits & Vegetables
• Dairy Products
• Prepared Food
Key players analyzed:
• Nature's Path Foods
• Amy's Kitchen, Inc.
• The Whitewave Foods Company
• Hain Celestial
• General Mills, Inc.
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075