Hewlett Packard Enterprise Redefines Mission-Critical Storage with New Platform Designed for the Intelligence Era
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced HPE Primera, a new platform that redefines mission-critical storage by delivering superior simplicity, availability and performance. HPE Primera leverages the industry’s most advanced AI platform for operations, HPE InfoSight, to deliver significant breakthroughs – including 93% less time spent on managing storage1, the ability to predict and prevent issues, and accelerate application performance.
Businesses seek to bring new mission-critical applications to market, and support existing ones in order to accelerate speed of business, agility and innovation. However, it is nearly impossible for IT to keep up with these demands because they remain tied down administering, tuning, and supporting infrastructure. As a result, IT is forced to sacrifice agility for reliability.
HPE Primera eliminates the compromises and redefines what is possible in mission-critical storage, by blending innovation from across HPE’s storage portfolio, to provide superior simplicity, availability and performance.
Delivering a Simple, Consumer-Grade User Experience for Mission-Critical Storage
- Simple to install: Customers can self-install HPE Primera in less than 20 minutes.
- Simple to manage: Storage can be provisioned on HPE Primera within seconds. Data reduction is built-in and always-on with the flexibility to turn it off.
- Simple to upgrade: Built with a services-centric OS that decouples data services so they can be deployed, upgraded, or restarted independently. HPE Primera software can be upgraded by customers in 5 minutes without any disruption.
- Simple to own: Customers have the choice to deploy HPE Primera as a service with a fully managed experience and pay only for what they use through HPE GreenLake. For CapEx purchases, the ownership experience is transformed with Timeless Storage for HPE Primera, ending forklift upgrades. Customers get a non-disruptive controller refresh, all-inclusive software, and storage guarantees for data reduction and availability.
Raising the Expectations of Mission-Critical Storage with 100% Availability Guaranteed
- 100% availability guarantee: HPE Primera comes standard with HPE Proactive Care and a 100% data availability guarantee without requiring special contracts or onerous terms.
- Seeing beyond walls of storage: More than 90% of issues arise from above the storage layer2 – in the network, server and virtualization layer. HPE Primera sees beyond storage with HPE InfoSight to predict and prevent any disruptions in the networking, application and server layers.
- Mission-critical reliability built-in: HPE Primera is architected for high availability with multi-node design, transparent business continuity with HPE Peer Persistence and data replication. Application-aware data protection via HPE Recovery Manager Central is included, combining with HPE StoreOnce for 15X faster restore and extending to public cloud for cost-effective, long-term retention via HPE Cloud Bank Storage.
Predictable Performance for Unpredictable Application Workloads