Battista Performance Tests Begin as Automobili Pininfarina Prepares to Present Future Design Vision at Monterey Car Week
CAMBIANO (TURIN), Italy, July 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- Pininfarina Battista pure-electric hypercar continues development programme with final wind tunnel tests and dynamic tests in advanced driving simulator facility
- Development Driver Nick Heidfeld stunned by hypercar's blistering performance in simulator: "The acceleration of Battista is totally mind-blowing."
- Battista makes its debut at The Quail during Monterey Car Week featuring evolved front end design
- Automobili Pininfarina's future design vision to be unveiled at the House of Automobili Pininfarina near Pebble Beach
- New images and film available here
As the Battista's wind tunnel and simulation development programme picks up speed in Italy under the guidance of Development Driver Nick Heidfeld, Automobili Pininfarina has confirmed that the world's first pure-electric luxury hypercar will make its Monterey Car Week public debut at The Quail on 16 August 2019.
As part of a series of exclusive presentations at the House of Automobili Pininfarina near the Pebble Beach golf club during Monterey Car Week, guests of the Italian brand will hear from Design Director Luca Borgogno as he shares his vision for the brand's future design philosophy, entitled 'PURA'. Borgogno will be joined by Heidfeld and Rene Wollmann, Director Sports Cars who will share news highlights from the Battista's technical development programme.
Borgogno and his team will also present an enhanced version of the Battista pure-electric hypercar featuring a refined front design to current and prospective clients, who are being personally invited to the company's private residence in Monterey.
Michael Perschke, Automobili Pininfarina CEO, said: "We enjoyed a successful first appearance at Pebble Beach last year with the Battista prototype, but for 2019
our dreams become reality.
This limited-edition masterpiece is the world's first pure-electric luxury hypercar and we look forward to presenting it in a lightly evolved form to our clients. We have great technical insights to share and I am certain our guests will be excited to see what is coming next from our great team of designers."
Wind tunnel and simulation dynamic tests underway in Italy
The Battista will be the most powerful car ever designed and built in Italy when deliveries begin at the end of next year. Rene Wollmann and Nick Heidfeld are working closely to tune the power, torque and vehicle dynamics programme for Battista to ensure every drive will be as thrilling as its breathtaking design suggests.