2020 Travel Trends Expedia and Conde Nast Traveller bring you '20 trips to take in 2020'
LONDON, Oct. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia and Condé Nast Traveller come together to share predictions of what's hot in travel for 2020. Using extensive knowledge and Expedia UK travel data, five travel trends have been highlighted to inspire you to start planning for next year, accompanied by the best destinations for each.
Curate an unforgettable experience at an off-season escape, visit destinations which immerse you in art, get a great deal at alternative world wonders, cleanse your body and soul or get mingling with locals to learn secret recipes. Whichever route you choose, it's time to plot your next escape.
- Spring brings 'shoulder season' prices and thinner crowds to the Greek Isles as temperatures creep into the twenties. Expedia has found that hotels in Greece this year were 80% more expensive in July than they were on average across the first half of this year. So, coast down to a cabana on Santorini's beaches.
- In San Francisco, autumn promises clear blue skies and sunny California days perfect for cable car rides and bike rides across the Golden Gate Bridge. Wine connoisseurs can spirit themselves to Napa or Sonoma wine country, where it's harvest time.
- Swap beats for bliss and enjoy the Balearic isle of Ibiza like a local in March. Relax on cool, sunny days and take a short drive to San Carlos with its hippie vibe.
- When British schools are in term time, try Devon for a peaceful escape. Dramatic cliffs, rolling moorlands and sparkling waters make up the coastal paradise.
Learning with Locals:
- Scratch behind the tourism screen and delve into local activities. For instance, not many know that New York City has a surf culture: Mike & Mike of Locals Surf School in Rockaway Beach, Queens.
- An ocean away, in Prague, street art celebrates Czech pride visible in the city's famous mural. Staying at hotels such as the Art Hotel with in-house exhibitions opens your eyes to local talent and the city's culture.
- When in Rome, combine cuisine with local learning. Travellers have reviewed Rome as the top city for cooking activities on Expedia, so why order a classic dish when you can enter a nonna's kitchen and learn to whip one up, Prosecco thrown in!
- Another gastronomic adventure is in Croatia with families from the Istrian peninsula. Accompany them on a truffle hunt that ends with a lunch of truffle-infused delicacies and local wines.
The Alternative Bucket List: