Humana and Hawaii Senior Medical Group Announce Agreement Expanding Value-Based Care for Humana Medicare Advantage Members in Hawaii
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), a leading health and well-being company, today announced it has collaborated with Hawaii Senior Medical Group on a value-based agreement designed to offer a coordinated, patient-centered experience to help Humana Medicare Advantage members in Hawaii achieve better health.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005788/en/
Humana’s Medicare Advantage HMO plan members in Honolulu County will have in-network access to Hawaii Senior Medical Group’s physicians starting Jan. 1, 2020. This agreement continues to build on the growing national relationship between Humana and Seoul Medical Group (SMG), which includes California, Washington, Georgia and New Jersey. Hawaii Senior Medical Group is the local division of SMG serving Honolulu with over 95 community primary care physicians.
The value-based agreement with Hawaii Senior Medical Group is in keeping with Humana’s longstanding commitment to value-based care, which emphasizes:
- More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications;
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service).
Hawaii SMG offers:
- Doctors who specialize in caring for people with Medicare.
- Access and coordination with specialists.
- Professional care teams that listen.
- Walk-in appointments.
- Patient education.
Under this new agreement, Hawaii Senior Medical Group’s physicians also will benefit by having access to tools and resources offered by Humana, which may help maximize the time physicians spend with their patients covered by Humana Medicare Advantage.
“Hawaii Senior Medical Group is proud and privileged to partner with Humana, a leading health plan in Hawaii,” said Min Young Cha, M.D., CEO and President of Hawaii Senior Medical Group. “SMG is making a strong footprint in Hawaii by serving our SMG Medicare patients and the senior community.”
“By working together with Hawaii Senior Medical Group, we are able to provide our Hawaii Medicare Advantage members additional access to care that serves the whole person,” said Rick Beavin, Hawaii Medicare President for Humana. “Value-based care is key to enhancing both the patient experience and patient outcomes. It allows us to partner with health care providers like Hawaii Senior Medical Group to ensure our members are receiving personalized care for their individual needs.”