AgraFlora Organics Awarded Health Canada Research License at GMP-Certified Toronto, Ontario Bottling Facility and Increases Convertible Debenture Offering
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Dec. 10, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AgraFlora Organics International Inc. (“AgraFlora” or the “Company”)
(CSE: AGRA) (Frankfurt: PU31) (OTCPK: AGFAF), a growth oriented and diversified international cannabis company, is pleased to announce the Company’s subsidiary, Potluck
Potions and Edibles Inc., has been awarded a cannabis research licence (the “Research License”) from Health Canada under the Cannabis Regulations Act.
The Research Licence equips AgraFlora with the ability to develop cannabis infused beverage formulations, as well as complete human sensory testing for taste, appearance, aroma and texture at its GMP bottling facility located in Toronto, Ontario (the “Toronto Bottling Facility”). The Research Licence also allows AgraFlora to possess and store dry cannabis, cannabis oils/concentrates and cannabis edibles on site at the Toronto Bottling Facility.
In anticipation of the Research Licence, AgraFlora began comprehensive retrofit initiatives at the Toronto Bottling Facility including the completion of a cannabis research laboratory (the “Research Laboratory”) within its current GMP-certified premises. The Research Laboratory consists of state-of-the-art equipment for weighing, handling and processing microdosages of CBD and THC compounds, including magnetic mixers, homogenizers and high-pressure liquid chromatograph (“HPLC”).
The Company plans to immediately commence cannabinoid-related research and development activities, including:
- Establishment of extraction protocols to isolate specific desirable compounds, including CBD, THC and THCV;
- Cannabinoid extract infusion analysis relating to formulation and pilot batching;
- Identification of process and physiochemical product attributes paired with analytically guided optimization;
- Development of optimized blend formulations for water solubility and shelf stability ratios/forms;
- High-pressure homogenization to produce superfine emulsions from cannabis oil; and,
- Centrifugal partition chromatography to develop compounds in a powdered format.
AgraFlora's Toronto Bottling Facility boasts extensive manufacturing experience for leading beverage brands, such as Heineken and SABMiller, as well as the Coca-Cola Company. Strategically situated in the Greater Toronto Area (the “GTA”), the Toronto Bottling Facility affords the Company unbridled access to the largest addressable Canadian marketplace. The GTA is buoyed by established infrastructure, offering the flexibility to accommodate shipments from multiple ports and hubs across North America.