DATA443 ACQUIRES ALL ASSETS OF SAAS DATA ANALYTICS AND CONTENT MIGRATION COMPANY - FileFacets
Adds Sophisticated Content Analysis and Intelligent Content Migration Capabilities to Growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Portfolio
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, Aug. 20, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Data443 Risk Mitigation, Inc. (“Data443” or the “Company”) (OTCPK: ATDS), a leading data security and privacy software company, is pleased to announce that it has acquired the intellectual property rights and assets of FileFacets, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that performs sophisticated data discovery and content search of structured and unstructured data within corporate networks, servers, content management systems, email, desktops and laptops.
The acquisition has closed, and all assets have been transferred. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
What it is:
- FileFacets, a data discovery, privacy compliance and enterprise analytics company with vast experience in GDPR Compliance
- Was originally part of the L-SPARK accelerator
- Secured significant venture capital funding in 2016
- Won numerous industry awards for information governance and data privacy
Why it matters:
- Acquisition includes intellectual property, customers and partner integrations
- Demonstrates further opportunities for growing internal capabilities, diversifying service offerings, and exposure to new potential customers for Data443
- Provides Data443 with deep and established technology in information taxonomy management, machine learning and rapid data indexing, which are important for data privacy and eDiscovery use cases
Jason Remillard, CEO of Data443, commented, “We are thrilled to add FileFacets’ comprehensive, innovative technology to the growing portfolio of Data443 product offerings. The rapidly evolving data security challenges faced by enterprises require that we continue to innovate and explore opportunities that will expand our core capabilities. The FileFacets technology we acquired complements our existing data discovery and transfer services, while enhancing our overall service capabilities. Integration with our other product assets will further position the Data443 technology stack as a continued privacy and security leader.”