Relay & Fio Corp. Address Market Development and Fionet COVID-19 Applications
- Government, Media, and Doctors Are Aligning on Need for Routine, Controlled Testing at Airports, Workplaces, Homes, and Other Decentralized Locations
- Health Canada has taken steps indicating the move toward mass distributed testing using rapid diagnostic tests which are compatible with the Fio solution
- Fionet Devices, usable by non-expert personnel, enables lab-grade diagnostic testing in pharmacies, workplaces, airports, clinics, nursing homes and other community-based locations
- Simultaneously, Fionet Cloud relays real-time data for remote oversight of frontline testing activities and results
- Fionet is compatible with rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) from multiple suppliers, enabling agile testing programs and reducing supply chain constraints for RDTs
TORONTO, Sept. 04, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Relay Medical Corp. (“Relay” or the “Company”) (CSE: RELA, OTC: RYMDF, Frankfurt: EIY2), and Fio Corporation (“Fio”), together Fionet Rapid Response Group (“FRR”) are pleased to announce an update on Health Canada’s recent statements and the opportunities created for Fionet.
“Our government moved strongly towards taking the fight against COVID to mass community-based settings, where Canadians work, live, study, and travel. This is exactly the setting for which we developed Fionet, and where we already deployed Fionet in other countries to fight other infectious diseases,” said Dr Michael Greenberg, CEO of Fionet Rapid Response Group and CEO of Fio Corporation.
“Fionet is a mobile testing and tracking platform that enables community-based return-to-work programs by performing at hospital-grade accuracy, yet in higher volume, faster-speed, less expensively, and with less-skilled frontline workers,” said Yoav Raiter, CEO, Relay Medical Corp.
Health Canada announced new steps towards gaining control over the COVID-19 pandemic by supporting community-based testing solutions:
(1) it will support enhanced solutions for airport testing;
(2) it invited potential solutions to be submitted for home-testing; and,
(3) it authorized clinical trials for rapid diagnostic tests (“RDTs”) which are fast, inexpensive test-strips that can be used in locations outside of laboratories and compatible with Fionet devices.
Fionet devices are uniquely positioned to serve this need, as a multi-RDT diagnostic reader with lab quality performance for at-home and commercial on-site deployments.
The Fionet Platform enables the expansion of testing and tracking to a multitude of community-based settings, including workplaces, airports, nursing homes, small clinics, schools, pharmacies, and home.