Pitney Bowes Highlights Environmental, Diversity & Inclusion, and Community Progress in 2019 Corporate Responsibility Report - Seite 2
- Our legacy. Pitney Bowes’ long record of advocacy and commitment to diversity and inclusion has been externally recognized with numerous awards throughout our history, including Bloomberg’s 2020 Gender Equality Index, Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women and America’s Best Large Employers lists.
- Women at Pitney Bowes. Throughout the year, the company celebrates women and their accomplishments in serving clients, creating value and innovating in our markets. We’ve seen the power of women at work in our business. Women leaders have had responsibility for over 25% of our annual revenue since the 1990s, and by 2019 that figure was more than 50%.
- Today, people of color comprise 50% of the company’s U.S. workforce, 18% of its senior management, and 28% of overall management. People of color have been members of the Pitney Bowes Board of Directors since the early 1990s, with the most recent addition being Sheila Stamps.
Pitney Bowes is committed to continuing its advocacy of diversity and inclusion which started in the 1940s. “In order to deliver long-term sustainable value to all our stakeholders, our workforce at all levels must reflect the realities of our global markets, clients, and communities,” said Sheryl Battles, Vice President Global Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement at Pitney Bowes. “We are proud of our long history and progress in providing equitable employment and being intentionally inclusive. There is more work to be done, however, and we’re actively listening to our employees to plan the way forward. Our ability to embrace our common humanity and celebrate our differences across geographies, ethnicities, generations, gender identities and sexual orientations and disabilities to name a few, helps us deliver more relevant innovation, makes us more responsive to our clients, and enables us to excel as a high performing team. In other words, diversity and inclusion is good for our company and good for our world.”
Creating meaningful impact in our communities
- A focus on literacy and education. Through its philanthropic efforts, Pitney Bowes and the Pitney Bowes Foundation support innovative and effective educational and enrichment programs benefiting underserved school districts that are often dealing with social and economic inequality. Through our global employee involvement partner, the United Way, and Pitney Bowes Foundation grantees, the company is able to make a difference at the local, national and global levels.
- Employee volunteerism at Pitney Bowes. Community service is a longstanding and important part of the company’s culture. In 2019, Pitney Bowes’ global team volunteer program, Dedication to Education, spanned 83 projects in 48 locations, drawing more than 1000 volunteers in Australia, Brazil, India, Ireland, Israel, the United Kingdom and the United States. Employees have volunteered to support early literacy, career development, STEM education, mentoring programs, environmental causes, food and blood drives and so much more.
- Doubling our impact around the world. Pitney Bowes’ annual Employee Giving campaign resulted in more than $1.9 million in donations to the United Way, the Pitney Bowes Relief Fund, Red Cross/Red Crescent Societies and many other charities around the world, thanks to employee pledges and the Pitney Bowes Foundation matching gifts program.
- Since its inception in 1992, The Pitney Bowes Relief Fund has provided more than $3 million to support those impacted by natural disasters and personal tragedies.
“Throughout our company’s 100-year history, Pitney Bowes and our employees have demonstrated a steadfast commitment to giving back,” said Kathleen Ryan Mufson, Director, Global Corporate Citizenship & Philanthropy, and President, Pitney Bowes Foundation. “We have learned first-hand from our Pitney Bowes volunteers how giving back has enriched them, strengthening their own career development and expanding their worldviews. Now more than ever, we carry our tradition of community leadership forward, supporting the work that is being done to address the essential and urgent needs that have been amplified during the pandemic.”
Pitney Bowes Aktie jetzt über den Testsieger (Finanztest 11/2020) handeln, ab 0 € auf Smartbroker.de