Calix Launches the First Carrier-Class, Wi-Fi 6 System Subscribers Will Welcome into the Home, Showcasing the CSP’s Brand and Virtual Storefront - Seite 2
The BLAST u4 delivers:
- Leading consumer design: The minimalist, consumer design of the BLAST u4 allows CSPs to offer a system that can effectively place their brands in the living room of even the most design-conscious subscriber.
- Carrier-class capabilities: By eschewing design choices that can reduce reliability, such as internal fans, the u4 ensures carrier-class reliability while delivering capabilities such as TR-069, IPTV support via multiple LAN ports, and cloud analytics.
- Optimized price and performance: A single BLAST u4 delivers incredible performance within a small to medium-sized residence, while multiple systems can be easily configured to cover large homes or small businesses. Optional wall-mounting capabilities and separate power cord means the BLAST u4 can live anywhere in the home—unlike mesh systems that plug directly into electrical outlets which are typically too low to the ground for optimal performance.
- Intelligent mesh: All BLAST systems can operate as a mesh satellite for an existing system, making the BLAST u4 and the Mesh BLAST u4m the ideal systems to extend and optimize the Ultimate Wi-Fi experience.
- Leading security: The BLAST u4 incorporates the latest security features, such as WPA-3 and physically unclonable functions (PUF). These features, along with the ProtectIQ suite, ensure subscribers who work or learn from home are safe from attacks on their devices, as well as viruses, malware, and other internet-based intrusions.
“The GigaSpire BLAST u4 is a perfect balance between a beautiful consumer aesthetic and carrier-class reliability, management, and insight. There are no compromises in this system as evidenced by the industry leading Wi-Fi 6 performance that enables a CSP to deliver the ultimate Wi-Fi experience to their subscribers,” said Michael Weening, chief operating officer for Calix. “We have always asserted that the greatest threat to the CSP is a consumer brand entering the home. Consumer product companies are focused on putting their brand first, owning the subscriber, and eventually turning the CSP into a dumb pipe that can be easily swapped out. The BLAST u4 and the Revenue EDGE solution ensure that subscribers get cutting-edge performance, a competitive price, and an aesthetic that eliminates consumer routers from consideration. This unique combination will ensure that the CSP’s brand is front and center in the home while delivering the lowest OPEX possible for customer support reps and field technicians. As Calix expands our ecosystem of Revenue EDGE suites, the u4 will support completely new subscriber experiences that CSPs can launch with virtually zero integration time and the full support of the Calix Customer Success team, which is the best way to eliminate churn, grow ARPU, and attract new subscribers.”