Relay Medical and Glow LifeTech Report on Successful Phase II Clinical Results For COVID-19 Treatment Candidate Based On Its MyCell Technology
- Glow LifeTech has the exclusive rights for MyCell Technology in the United States, Canada and Mexico for one of the primary ingredients used in ArtemiC, a COVID-19 Treatment Candidate with successful Phase II Clinical Results
- The formulation statistically significantly improved the clinical recovery of COVID-19 patients in the treatment group in comparison with placebo and 100% of the patients in the treatment group fully recovered within 15 days
- Positive results from a phase II double blind randomized controlled clinical trial show the MyCell Technology ArtemiC formulation, successfully met the primary and secondary endpoints for safety and efficacy1
- ArtemiC is a natural anti-inflammatory formulation by Glow partner Swiss PharmaCan and MGC Pharma, intended to suppress cytokine storm and clinical deterioration prevention to support the recovery of COVID-19 patients
- These results demonstrate the major health impact offered by MyCell Technology and open potential market opportunities for ArtemiC, and it's component MyCell
ingredients to a wide range of diseases related to cytokine storm such as influenza, autoimmune diseases, inflammatory GI diseases and chemotherapy patients
TORONTO, Jan. 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Relay Medical Corp. (“Relay” or the “Company”) (CSE: RELA, OTC: RYMDF, Frankfurt: EIY2), a developer of MedTech innovation, and Glow LifeTech Ltd. (“Glow”), a private company in which Relay holds a significant equity interest, are pleased to report on developments related to Glow’s MyCell Technology (“MyCell”).
Glow LifeTech partner Swiss Pharmacan AG, and MGC Pharma (“MGC”) have announced the full results of Phase II double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial for anti-inflammatory treatment ArtemiC, powered by MyCell Technology, on persons diagnosed with COVID-19, has successfully met all the Phase II primary and secondary endpoints and demonstrated to improve the clinical recovery of COVID-19 patients.
MGC has completed its phase II randomized controlled clinical trial on ArtemiC involving 50 patients and the results show ArtemiC statistically significantly improved the clinical recovery of COVID-19 patients in comparison with the Placebo Group. The results deliver a full safety and efficacy profile, demonstrating to improve and expedite the clinical recovery in moderate COVID-19 patients, with no drug-related adverse events. None of the patients supported by ArtemiC required additional oxygen, mechanical ventilation or intensive care, compared to 23.4% in the placebo group requiring further assistance. Full Trial results can be viewed at www.mgcpharma.com.au.