Calibre Provides 2020 Resource Expansion and Infill Drilling Update; Significant Year-End 2020 Reserve Increase Expected - Seite 2
“We are in the process of finalizing year-end 2020 reserve and resource statements, reflecting the positive results from both the infill and resource expansion drilling programs, which support our expectations of significant reserve increases at both Limon and Libertad.”
New Resource Opportunity Drilling
Atravesada, located approximately two kilometres west of the Limon Central open pit, returned multiple high-grade intercepts from step-out drilling along a steep westerly plunging zone of gold mineralization that was partially drilled by B2Gold in 2018. In addition to the results presented here, highlights from B2Gold’s program include 31.38g/t Au over 2.68 metres ETW, 18.42 g/t Au over 4.07 metres ETW and 51.65 g/t Au over 1.19 metres ETW (see October 31, 2019 release). Atravesada was not considered as a potential mill feed source for the Libertad Complex in the PEA announced in 2020 as no resources were reported.(see August 11, 2020 release). We believe that Atravesada will host significant resources and likely be added as a “spoke” in future.
Resource Expansion Drilling
At Veta Nueva, located 600 metres west of Atravesada, expansion and infill drilling returned multiple high-grade intercepts along a down-dip extension to the current 57,000 ounce reserve of 312,000 tonnes at 5.66 g/t Au1.
At Libertad, drilling to upgrade resource classification and test for potential extensions of gold mineralization along strike and at depth was completed at Jabalí Underground and the Soccoro open pit resource.
At Pavon Norte, step-out drilling to the northwest and southeast beyond the limits of the current resource demonstrates the continuation of gold mineralization along strike and down dip, indicating good potential to expand the resource as exploration drilling continues to advance in 2021.
Infill Drilling Highlights:
Pavon Central Open Pit
- 4.81 g/t Au over 17.5 metres ETW from 66.5 metres (PVC-20-023)
- 4.44 g/t Au over 5.8 metres ETW from 28.8 metres (PVC-20-026)
- 2.33 g/t Au over 9.5 metres ETW from 83.0 metres (PVC-20-027)
Pavon Norte Open Pit
- 6.67 g/t Au over 2.4 metres ETW from 29.3 metres (PVN-20-029)
Limon Central Open Pit
- 2.51 g/t Au over 21.6 metres ETW from 266.5 metres (LIM-20-4491)
- 5.35 g/t Au over 6.0 metres ETW from 221.8 metres (LIM-20-4495)
- 2.78 g/t Au over 15.3 metres ETW from 240.5 metres (LIM-20-4496)
Limon Norte Open Pit
- 251.90 g/t Au over 1.0 metres ETW from 200.4 metres (LIM-20-4516)
- 2.25 g/t Au over 14.7 metres ETW from 185.2 metres (LIM-20-4525)