ASM INTERNATIONAL N.V. REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER 2020 RESULTS
Almere, The Netherlands
February 25, 2021, 6 p.m. CET
ASM International N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam: ASM) today reports its fourth quarter 2020 operating results (unaudited) in accordance with IFRS.
Strong quarterly results driven by continued logic/foundry demand
|EUR million||Q4 2019||Q3 2020||Q4 2020|
|Gross profit margin %||51.5||49.9||45.2|
|Result from investments (excluding amortization intangible assets resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013)||6.4||6.3||27.1|
|Amortization intangible assets (resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013)||(3.5)||(3.0)||(3.0)|
|Normalized net earnings (excluding amortization intangible assets resulting from the sale of ASMPT stake in 2013 and result from sale of ASMPT shares)||108.0||61.2||82.1|
- New orders at €379 million were 25% above the level of last quarter.
- Revenue for the fourth quarter 2020 was €347 million and increased 10% compared to the previous quarter due to stronger market demand.
- Gross profit margin was 45.2% in Q4 2020 compared to 49.9% in the previous quarter which had an exceptionally strong mix.
- Operating result was €78 million compared to €84 million in the previous quarter, mainly due to mix effects and higher R&D and SG&A costs.
- Normalized net earnings for the fourth quarter 2020 were €82 million, €21 million higher compared to Q3 2020, due to the higher contribution of ASMPT, mainly caused by one-off effects.