Hexagon Purus signs Joint Venture agreements with CIMC Enric for China and Southeast Asia, the world’s largest zero emission hydrogen vehicle and distribution market
- CIMC Enric and Hexagon Purus today signed two joint venture (JV) agreements that encompass cylinder and systems production for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) and hydrogen distribution in China and Southeast Asia.
- The Chinese market for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) is expected to grow to become the largest global market over the next decade and beyond.
- Initially, the CIMC-HEXAGON JVs will expand CIMC Enric’s existing production and systems capacity for Type 3 (T3) cylinders and in parallel install Type 4 (T4) cylinder production and systems capacity for the Chinese market.
- The JVs expect to start production of high-pressure T3 fuel storage in 2021.
- Production line capacity will be designed to accommodate approximately 100,000 cylinders per annum, in a first stage towards the middle of the decade. Construction of the new facility is expected to commence as early as the second quarter 2021.
Hexagon Purus AS (Hexagon Purus) today signed two joint venture agreements with CIMC Enric Holdings Limited (hereafter “CIMC Enric”), a leading global supplier of cryogenic and compressed gas storage and transportation solutions and manufacturer of clean energy equipment, headquartered in Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China. CIMC Enric is listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (stock code: 03899.HK). Hexagon Purus, a global leader of Type 4 (T4) cylinder technology, is a separately listed Hexagon Composites company on the Oslo Stock Exchange (stock ticker: HPUR).
The cooperation is a highly compelling partnership: Hexagon Purus’ world class T4 hydrogen cylinder and systems technologies and design with over 20 years of heritage and safety track record – and CIMC Enric’s extensive expertise in gas system development tailored to the Chinese market and its long-standing relationships with large Chinese vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) and gas distribution companies.
The joint ventures will serve the fast-growing demand of the Chinese market for safe, lightweight and cost-efficient compressed hydrogen storage solutions. Relevant industrial standards for T4 cylinders are currently being implemented by the Chinese government. The joint ventures will also support the transition to zero emission mobility solutions in Southeast Asia.
“China is on the rise to become the most significant global market for Fuel Cell electric vehicles. Its successful energy transition to hydrogen requires safe, advanced and cost-efficient high-pressure Type 4 fuel storage solutions that are proven in the global market. By joining forces in China, CIMC Enric and Hexagon Purus together contribute state-of-the-art Type 4 know-how, as well as the market presence of a top, trusted Chinese brand. Both companies have proud heritages of providing world class products and solutions to their customers,” says Morten Holum, CEO of Hexagon Purus.
Hexagon Purus Aktie jetzt über den Testsieger (Finanztest 11/2020) handeln, ab 0 € auf Smartbroker.de