Downstream Processing Market Size Worth $69.6 Billion By 2028 Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global downstream processing market size is expected to reach USD 69.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2021 to 2028. The capacity requirements during the development of biologic drugs have changed over the past few years, wherein the demand for manufacturing high-volume products has shifted to developing small-volume, high potency products. This creates new avenues for single-use technologies.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Chromatography systems accounted for the largest revenue share of products owing to the high adoption of chromatography for biopharmaceutical purification
- The advent of single-use chromatography systems that bring an 80.0% reduction of the use of water and chemicals for buffer has further increased the adoption of chromatography for downstream processing of bio-therapeutics
- Filters are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate. Efforts taken by key players to develop intelligent membranes for purification and separation fuels this growth
- Purification by chromatography accounted for the largest share of the global market, as it can be employed across all steps of a downstream process. The technique is also crucial in bioprocessing to obtain pure biologics
- Solid-liquid separation is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate owing to the use of filtration and chromatography techniques for efficient separation
- Antibiotic production dominated the revenue generation in 2020 owing to the wide use of antibiotics for the treatment of a variety of clinical disorders including infectious diseases and cancer
- A rise in occurrences of antibiotic resistance also propels the industrial-scale development of novel antibiotic candidates
- North America dominated the regional segment in 2020 owing to the local presence of large in-house biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Asia Pacific registered the fastest growth rate owing to rise in contract development services in emerging Asian economies
- Key players are investing in the bioprocessing of vaccines and therapies for COVID-19 to increase their market share
- In October 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced a USD 700 million investment in CAPEX to cater to COVID-related demand in the biopharma market
Read 154 page research report with ToC on "Downstream Processing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Chromatography Systems, Filters), By Technique (Purification, Formulation), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/downstream-processing-market