Downstream Processing Market Size Worth $69.6 Billion By 2028 Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global downstream processing market size is expected to reach USD 69.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2021 to 2028. The capacity requirements during the development of biologic drugs have changed over the past few years, wherein the demand for manufacturing high-volume products has shifted to developing small-volume, high potency products. This creates new avenues for single-use technologies.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Chromatography systems accounted for the largest revenue share of products owing to the high adoption of chromatography for biopharmaceutical purification
- The advent of single-use chromatography systems that bring an 80.0% reduction of the use of water and chemicals for buffer has further increased the adoption of chromatography for downstream processing of bio-therapeutics
- Filters are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate. Efforts taken by key players to develop intelligent membranes for purification and separation fuels this growth
- Purification by chromatography accounted for the largest share of the global market, as it can be employed across all steps of a downstream process. The technique is also crucial in bioprocessing to obtain pure biologics
- Solid-liquid separation is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate owing to the use of filtration and chromatography techniques for efficient separation
- Antibiotic production dominated the revenue generation in 2020 owing to the wide use of antibiotics for the treatment of a variety of clinical disorders including infectious diseases and cancer
- A rise in occurrences of antibiotic resistance also propels the industrial-scale development of novel antibiotic candidates
- North America dominated the regional segment in 2020 owing to the local presence of large in-house biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Asia Pacific registered the fastest growth rate owing to rise in contract development services in emerging Asian economies
- Key players are investing in the bioprocessing of vaccines and therapies for COVID-19 to increase their market share
- In October 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced a USD 700 million investment in CAPEX to cater to COVID-related demand in the biopharma market
Read 154 page research report with ToC on "Downstream Processing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Chromatography Systems, Filters), By Technique (Purification, Formulation), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/downstream-processing-market
As adoption of small-scale, single-use systems for process development and downstream processing is already high, evolutionary changes are expected in the area of single-use technologies for manufacturing small-volume, highly potent drugs. The development of novel film chemistries, closed systems, automation in clinical-scale single-use systems, and smart sensors are some noteworthy advancements in the field.
A rise in applications of downstream processing for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals is expected to bring growth opportunities to the market. This has also led to an increase in strategic deals and development in the market. For instance, in February 2021, Evozyne, LLC collaborated with a leading rare disorders drug manufacturer for the manufacture and marketing of novel biopharmaceuticals for immune modulation.
Grand View Research has segmented the global downstream processing market on the basis of product, technique, application, and region:
- Downstream Processing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Chromatography Systems
- Downstream Processing Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Cell Disruption
- Solid-liquid separation
- Membrane filtration
- Purification by Chromatography
- Downstream Processing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Antibiotic Production
- Hormone Production
- Antibodies Production
- Enzyme Production
- Vaccine Production
- Downstream Processing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Downstream Processing Market
- GE Healthcare
- Merck KGaA
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- 3M Company
- Eppendorf AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Corning Corporation
- Lonza Group Ltd
- Dover Corporation
- Ferner PLC
- Ashai Kasei
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Market – The global biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing market size was valued at USD 15.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% during the forecast period.
- Antibody Production Market – The global antibody production market size was valued at USD 7.4 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at 13.5% over the forecast period.
- Viral Inactivation Market – The global viral inactivation market size was valued at USD 1.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter