Apollo Announces Impact Advisory Committee
Lisa Hall Chairs Committee of Industry Experts
NEW YORK, March 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) (together with its consolidated subsidiaries, “Apollo” or the “Firm”) today announced the creation of an
Impact Advisory Committee (the “Committee”). The Committee, chaired by Lisa Hall, will help guide the Apollo Impact platform and includes 11 members bringing diverse backgrounds and expertise
across a variety of fields to focus on the Firm’s impact investing platform.
The Committee is tasked with providing strategic counsel to amplify the impact performance of portfolio companies by leveraging their experience and professional networks, as well as to help inform impact objectives and methodology.
Apollo’s Lisa Hall said: “When I joined Apollo to chair its Impact platform and establish the Advisory Committee, we recognized the important role the Committee could play in driving greater impact performance. I am thrilled to now introduce and lead this diverse group of accomplished professionals whose experience spans our areas of investment focus. I’m confident that our collective efforts will help make an even greater impact as we demonstrate how private markets can improve society and the environment.”
In establishing the Committee, the Firm sought members to contribute meaningful insights across Apollo Impact’s focus areas of Economic Opportunity; Education; Health, Safety & Wellness; Industry 4.0; and Climate & Sustainability. The Committee will be comprised of:
- Lisa Hall, Impact Chair, Apollo Global Management;
- Julie Abrams, Founder and Managing Director of Impact Investing Analytics;
- Iris Choi, Partner at Floodgate;
- Kimberlee Cornett, Director of Impact Investments at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation;
- Maurice Jones, CEO of OneTen;
- David Luan, Director at Google Research;
- Patience Marime-Ball, Founder and CEO of Women of the World Endowment;
- Jenna Nicholas, CEO of Impact Experience;
- Megan O’Connor, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Chegg;
- Mindy Posoff, Managing Director and Member of Golden Seeds;
- Sonal Shah, Professor and Founder of the Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation at Georgetown University;
- and David Thomas, the 12th President of Morehouse College.
Speaking on the launch of the Committee and the value it provides to the investing team, Apollo Impact Co-leads Marc Becker and Joanna Reiss stated: “We are delighted to welcome the Advisory Committee members and believe their experience and advice will be invaluable as we seek to drive positive change at scale.”