DGAP-News SUSS MicroTec publishes audited consolidated financial statements for 2020
DGAP-News: SÜSS MicroTec SE / Key word(s): Annual Report
SUSS MicroTec publishes audited consolidated financial statements for 2020
- Order entry reached € 281.1 million (previous year: € 219.3 million)
- At € 252.1 million, sales are 17.9% up on the previous year
- Sales and earnings improvement in three out of four segments
- Group EBIT reached € 20.4 million after € -13.8 million in the previous year
- Adjusted Group EBIT is € 23.0 million after € 0.4 million in the previous year
- Order entry in Q1 2021 rises to € 80.7 million after € 69.0 million in Q1 2020
- The Supervisory Board again consists of five people
- Appointment of Dr. Bendele as CEO and Dr. Rohe as COO
Garching, April 9, 2021 - SUSS MicroTec SE, a leading manufacturer of systems and process solutions for the semiconductor industry and related markets, today published its consolidated financial statements for the 2020 financial year. In the past financial year, the company achieved an order entry of € 281.1 million (previous year: € 219.3 million) and generated sales of € 252.1 million (previous year: € 213.8 million). The order backlog as of December 31, 2020 stood at € 120.1 million (previous year: € 93.2 million). Good order entries of € 69.0 million and € 93.6 million respectively were booked in the first and second quarters of 2020, followed by a strong fourth quarter of € 74.4 million. This enabled SUSS MicroTec to grow again and strengthen its market position.
The gross profit margin improved significantly in the past year and stood at 33.2% for the SUSS MicroTec Group (previous year: 23.2%, previous year adjusted 29.9%). In the 2020 financial year, the adjusted gross profit margin is also 33.2%.
SUSS MicroTec achieved an EBIT of € 20.4 million in the 2020 financial year (previous year -13.8 million €). This corresponds to an EBIT margin of 8.1% in 2020 (previous year: -6.5%). The results of the 2019 financial year were significantly influenced by special write-downs on inventories and production-related fixed assets of € 14.2 million at the US facility in Corona. The reason for the write-downs was the evaluation of the product lines scanner and laser tools at the production facility in Corona, USA. Adjusted for the further special effects from the US location of € 2.6 million, the EBIT margin for 2020 is 9.1% after 0.2% in the previous year. Earnings after taxes (EAT) amounted to € 12.4 million after € -16.3 million in the previous year. The undiluted earnings per share (EPS) are € 0.65 (previous year: € -0.85).