DGAP-News SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE: Strong Start into 2021 with 22.4% Sales Growth and 2.0% adj. EBITDA Margin.
DGAP-News: SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE N.V. / Key word(s): Quarterly / Interim Statement/Quarter Results
NOT FOR RELEASE OR DISTRIBUTION IN THE USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA OR JAPAN.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE: Strong Start into 2021 with 22.4% Sales Growth and 2.0% adj. EBITDA Margin.
- Group sales up 22.4% in Q1 to EUR 284 million.
- DACH segment +15%, International segment +71%.
- Earnings on track: adj. EBITDA margin 2.0%.
- Record year-over-year customer growth of 1.8 to 6.8 million; up half a million in Q1.
- Digital medication management expanded by the acquisitions of SMARTPATIENT and MEDAPP, the latter also enabling the entrance into the Dutch Rx market.
- Financial guidance for FY 2021 confirmed.
Sevenum, the Netherlands, 06 May 2021. SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE N.V., operating in seven European countries, has increased its Q1 group-level sales by 22.4% to EUR 284 million. During the first three months of 2021, the gross margin improved by 4.1 percentage points (pp) to 25.6% and the number of active customers grew by more than 500,000 to 6.8 million. Year-over-year, the active customer base rose by 1.8 million. Overall, SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE combined fast growth with another quarter of a positive adjusted EBITDA margin of 2.0%. Thus, the company is on track with its full-year guidance.
"We continue to focus on driving top-line growth without losing sight of managing our bottom-line. At the same time, we have demonstrated our commitment to investing in those areas that drive growth and add significant value for our customers. With the acquisition of the digital medication management experts SMARTPATIENT and MEDAPP we have reached further important milestones of our strategy - especially in preparation for the upcoming e-Rx business", says CEO Stefan Feltens.
|Diskussion: Shop Apotheke Europe - Entscheidung der EU über Bonus bei rezeptpflichtigen Produkten|