SFL - Preliminary Q1 2021 results and quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share
Preliminary Q1 2021 results and quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share
Hamilton, Bermuda, May 12, 2021. SFL Corporation Ltd. (“SFL” or the “Company”) today announced its preliminary financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
- 69th consecutive quarterly dividend declared, $0.15 per share
- Operating revenue of approximately $109.1 million, and net profit of $31.5 million in the first quarter
- Received charter hire1 of approximately $135 million in the quarter from the Company’s vessels and rigs, including $2.6 million of profit share
- Adjusted EBITDA2 of $83.9 million from consolidated subsidiaries, plus an additional $13.8 million adjusted EBITDA2 from associated companies
- Agreement to acquire a 2020-built 5,300 TEU vessel in combination with a 7 year charter to Maersk Line
- Agreement to build 2x 7,000 CEU LNG dual fuel car carriers in combination with 10 year charters to the Volkswagen Group
- Placement of $150 million senior unsecured sustainability-linked bond
Ole B. Hjertaker, CEO of SFL Management AS, said in a comment:
«We are pleased to execute on our commitment to invest in assets and markets with a lower carbon footprint, as evidenced by our recent agreement to build and charter out dual-fuel car carriers, adding more than $200m in fixed-rate charter backlog.
The Company has also recently addressed the refinancing of our convertible bond maturing in October with the successful placement of a new $150m senior unsecured sustainability-linked bond with strong international demand.
Over the last 10 years, SFL’s fleet has transitioned from tankers and offshore assets to now mainly containerships and dry bulk vessels. Our cash flow visibility is very good with more than $2.4 billion fixed-rate charter backlog supporting the Company’s distribution capacity.»
The Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share. The dividend will be paid on or around June 29, to shareholders on record as of June 14, and the ex-dividend date on the New York Stock Exchange will be June 11, 2021.
May 12, 2021
The Board of Directors
SFL Corporation Ltd.
The full report can be found in the link below and at the Company’s website www.sflcorp.com.
Questions can be directed to SFL Management AS:
Investor and Analyst Contact
Aksel C. Olesen, Chief Financial Officer: +47 23114036