Diabetic Retinopathy Market Size Growth Expects Significant Thrust at a CAGR of 3% During the Study Period, 2018-30 in the 7MM | DelveInsight
A robust pipeline of potential new treatments currently in Phases II and III is expected to drive the Diabetic Retinopathy Market ahead.
LAS VEGAS, May 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights report offers detailed information on current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Diabetic Retinopathy market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Diabetic Retinopathy market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented into 7MM (the USA, EU5 (the UK, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), and Japan).
Some of the key takeaways from the Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights:
- The total diagnosed Diabetic Retinopathy prevalent population in the 7MM countries was estimated to be 8,033,083 cases in 2020.
- The United States accounted for the highest percentage of Diabetic Retinopathy prevalent in the population.
- Anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) drugs including Aflibercept (Eylea from Regeneron and Bayer), Ranibizumab (Lucentis from Genentech and Novartis), and Bevacizumab (Avastin from Genentech) are considered the first line of therapy for the treatment.
- Currently, Aflibercept is the accepted standard of care and the market-leading drug in virtually all retinal disorders. Interestingly, Bevacizumab is used off label in ocular indications but is widely reimbursed.
- The reasons for choosing one anti-VEGF over another are multifactorial and include retinal thickness, disease progression, best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA), reimbursement, and patient and family influences.
- Among the 7MM, the US accounted for 57.0% of the overall Diabetic Retinopathy market size in 2020.
- The Diabetic Retinopathy market has a lot of opportunities for biosimilars and novel biochemical pathways.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Brolucizumabt), Roche (Faricimab), Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM-022), Kubota Vision (Emixustat Hydrochloride), KalVista Pharmaceuticals (KVD001), Kodiak Sciences (KSI-301), and others.
- However, the expected patents expiries of Aflibercept (in 2022) and Ranibizumab (in 2023), along with the potential launch of biosimilars is expected to dilute the market share of these drugs.
- The expected launch of pipeline therapies such as Faricimab, Brolucizumab, Emixustat Hydrochloride, ADVM-022, and KSI-301 during the forecast period (2021–2030) shall create a lot of buzz in the market and push the market size growth further.
- Phase II assets include ADVM-022, Emixustat Hydrochloride, along with Risuteganib.
- Owing to rising awareness and understanding of the disease, favourable conditions for novel anti-infective modalities are expected to lead more pharma companies to set their feet in the Diabetic Retinopathy therapy market, thus, expanding the market size.
Download report to know which drug is going to capture the maximum market share @ Diabetic Retinopathy Market Analysis and Forecast