Matador Resources Company Publishes Inaugural SASB-aligned ESG Metrics
Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) (“Matador” or the “Company”) today published metrics aligned with standards developed by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”). Matador is committed to creating long-term value in a responsible manner and aligning its ongoing environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) reporting with SASB. The publication of these metrics represents the next step in Matador’s continued efforts to highlight its commitment to ESG excellence. Matador’s SASB metrics are available on the Company’s website at www.matadorresources.com/sustainability, and Matador expects to disclose additional metrics as they become available later in the year.
Joseph Wm. Foran, Matador’s Chairman and CEO, commented, “At Matador, good stewardship has always been a guiding focus. Over the years, we have consistently highlighted our ESG achievements and now are pleased to align these disclosures with an emerging industry standard. We hope this change helps to raise the profile of our ongoing ESG efforts and provide interested parties a standardized version of Matador’s ESG efforts. We look forward to continuing to explore ways to provide our stakeholders with clear, comparable ESG information.”
In 2020, Matador grew gross operated oil production by 13% and gross operated natural gas production by 19%, as compared to 2019, while still reducing our environmental impact and continuing our strong safety record. Highlights from Matador’s 2020 ESG initiatives include:
- Decreased emissions intensity by 19% and flaring intensity by 38%, as compared to 2019;
- Decreased consumption of fresh water by 49%, as compared to 2019;
- Transported 96% of operated produced water and 65% of operated produced oil by pipeline;
- Incurred zero lost time incidents during more than 2.1 million employee man-hours from 2017 to 2020;
- Provided approximately 15,000 hours of employee continuing education, equating to approximately 55 hours per employee; and
- Revised the mandate of the Board of Directors’ Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance Committee to enhance the focus, oversight and support for the Company’s ESG efforts and to measure improvements.
About Matador Resources Company
Matador Resources Aktie jetzt über den Testsieger (Finanztest 11/2020) handeln, ab 0 € auf Smartbroker.de