New Orogenic Gold Discovery by Goldplay at Goldstorm South Project, BC Returns 21.8 g/t Au
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / January 21, 2022 / Goldplay Mining Inc. (TSXV:AUC)(OTCQB:AUCCF)(Frankfurt:9FY), (the "Company" or "Goldplay"), is pleased to announce results from its 2021 field program on the Goldstorm South Project ("Goldstorm South" …
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / January 21, 2022 / Goldplay Mining Inc. (TSXV:AUC)(OTCQB:AUCCF)(Frankfurt:9FY), (the "Company" or "Goldplay"), is pleased to announce results from its 2021 field program on the Goldstorm South Project ("Goldstorm South" or the "Project"), formerly referred to as the Niut Mountain Project, located within 4 km from road access and 20 km southeast of White Saddle Air Services Ltd.'s permanent helicopter base in the western Chilcotin District of southwestern British Columbia.
- discovery of Travler Gold vein system, assaying 21.8 grams per tonne ("g/t") gold ("Au") with 20.6 g/t silver ("Ag") from grab sample
- three gold showings now known along a mostly unexplored, open 2.6 km extent of a subsidiary structure to the regional Tchaikazan fault system, an extension of the system associated with mineralization in the Bralorne gold camp
- 0.44 to 1.77% copper ("Cu") from six grab samples collected within a 260m area (yielding an average of 0.71% Cu), confirming mineralization at Fly porphyry prospect
- anomalous copper ± molybdenum in talus fines suggests extension of the Fly prospect 750m to north
- drill permit application submitted.
Catalin Kilofliski, Goldplay Mining President & CEO stated: "We are excited about our new gold-silver discovery along a mostly unexplored and highly prospective structure, and the confirmation of, and suggested continuity to, significant porphyry copper mineralization at Goldstorm South. We are anticipating an exciting 2022 exploration program on both our Goldstorm South and Big Frank Projects, based on the new discoveries made during our initial evaluation programs. A drill permit application for Goldstorm South has been submitted and a NI 43-101 Technical report has also been commissioned and will be available shortly."
The Project was optioned by Goldplay in 2021 based on the presence of favourable alteration and extensive gossans with known porphyry copper style mineralization (primarily the 1970's era Fly prospect), and gold bearing vein type mineralization (Harvey Gold, Fly Creek). This was quickly followed by an early September two day field program consisting of an initial examination and evaluation of the Fly porphyry prospect, the Niut Mountain, Harvey Gold, Fly (Creek) and Downs showings and the northwest extension of the Harvey Gold showing with the collection of 63 rock and 100 soil (talus fine) samples by 4 geologists across the 8 km long Project. Sample locations with thematically plotted gold and copper results are shown on Figures 1 and 2, with significant results from Goldplay's 2021 program labelled.