Patriot Drills 1.25% Li2O over 96.9 m in First Drill Hole of Summer Program, and Extends Strike Length of Pegmatite to 1.9 km, Corvette, Quebec
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
- Strong lithium grades over wide intervals returned from first two drill holes completed during the summer phase of the 2022 drill campaign
- 1.25% Li2O and 118 ppm Ta2O5 over 96.9 m, including 2.53% Li2O and 130 ppm Ta2O5 over 27.0 m (CV22-035)
- 1.38% Li2O and 99 ppm Ta2O5 over 27.0 m, and 2.00% Li2O and 167 ppm Ta2O5 over 7.3 m (CV22-036)
- Under the summer program, the main spodumene pegmatite has now been traced in drill hole an additional 500 m westwardly, from the
CV5 Pegmatite outcrop to the CV6 Pegmatite outcrop
- The main pegmatite body has now been traced through drilling over a strike length of approximately 1,900 m and remains open in all directions
- A third drill rig and barge have now been mobilized to the drill area and is expected to collar shortly
- A total of 10,355 m over thirty-six (36) holes have now been completed over the 2022 drill campaign – 4,345 m over 20 holes in the winter
program, and 6,010 m over sixteen (16) holes in the summer program.
Patriot Battery Metals Inc. (the “Company” or “Patriot”) (TSX-V: PMET) (OTCQB: PMETF) (FSE: R9GA) is pleased to provide core assay results from the first two drill holes completed as part of the summer phase of its 2022 drill campaign at its wholly owned Corvette Property (the “Property”), located in the James Bay Region of Quebec. The target drill area – at the CV Lithium Trend – is located approximately 13.5 km south of the regional and all-weather Trans-Taiga Road and powerline infrastructure.
Blair Way, Company President, CEO and Director, comments: “the summer drill program has had an excellent start with some very strong drill intersections in our first two holes completed. We have also now confirmed the that the principal pegmatite extends from the CV5 outcrop to the CV6 outcrop, which brings the total mineralized strike length tested by drilling to approximately 1.9 km and continues to remain open. This discovery continues to grow as we drill and with a third drill rig and accompanying barge now being mobilized, the pace of delineation will increase.”