Juniper Networks' Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Supports Liberty Global's Ability to Deliver Transformational Products and Services for its Customers
SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - September 05, 2017) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that Liberty Global, the world's largest international TV and broadband company, has deployed Juniper Networks® vMX as a virtual route reflector in its network footprint.
This innovative, Network Function Virtualization (NFV)-based approach will enable Liberty Global to achieve high-performance and cost-effective scale in support of voice, video and data services for its residential and business customers.
Liberty Global serves approximately 25 million customers across more than 30 countries across Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, serving over 10 million mobile subscribers and offering WiFi services across 10 million WiFi access points. The company invests strategically in infrastructure that empowers its customers to make the most of the digital revolution.
- Liberty Global has deployed Juniper Networks' virtual route reflector -- a task-optimized vMX with a high performance control plane -- across its network footprint.
- The vMX is a full-featured, carrier-grade virtualized MX Series Universal Edge Router that runs as licensed software on x86-based servers, providing an innovative, NFV-based approach to building cloud-grade networks.
- Implementing the vMX as a virtual route reflector provides efficient cost-effective control plane scale and performance and easily addresses future growth by simply spinning up new virtual reflectors on-demand.
- Virtual route reflection provides efficient scale in large border gateway protocol (BGP) networks, helping Liberty Global streamline operations and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Liberty Global is an existing Juniper Networks customer and deploys Juniper's high-performance routing, switching and security solutions at various locations in their network.
-- Juniper Networks® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers and PTX Series Packet Transport Routers provide advanced routing and MPLS capabilities, low-latency multicast support, advanced quality of service and high availability features for Liberty Global's international core network.
-- SRX Series Services Gateways, next-generation firewall platforms with advanced security services, secure Liberty Global's data centers.
- QFX Series Switches and EX Series Ethernet Switches are deployed in Liberty Global's data centers, and servers are aggregated by EX4300 Ethernet Switches using Virtual Chassis technology to simplify management.
"Virtualization solutions streamline our infrastructure, our operations environment and our global business outcomes. While our first NFV deployment is for virtual route reflection, we are also
evaluating the vMX to rapidly add network capacity and new customers. The ability to leverage a broad set of virtual routing capabilities is very important to Liberty Global as it will enable agile
service innovation and increased operational efficiency."
-- Andy Grotzke, vice president, core network strategy & engineering at Liberty Global
"Virtualized network services are a key technology in the transformation to agility. Juniper's high-performance virtualization technologies enable Liberty Global to deploy new services and products
quickly and easily."
-- Paul Obsitnik, vice president, portfolio marketing at Juniper Networks
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
+44 (0) 1372 385 686