Applied DNA Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results - Seite 2
Fiscal Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results:
- Revenues increased 102% for the third quarter of fiscal 2019 to $2.1 million, compared with $1.0 million reported in the second quarter of fiscal 2018, and increased 164% from the $778 thousand reported in the second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2019. The increase in revenues was due primarily to an increase in revenue from a licensing agreement in the cannabis industry of $1 million.
- Total operating expenses decreased to $3.2 million for the second fiscal quarter of 2019, compared with $3.6 million in the prior fiscal year’s second quarter. This decrease is primarily attributable to approximately a $409 thousand decrease in payroll, due to a realignment of the sales force and reductions in overall headcount. This decrease in payroll was offset by an increase in legal and professional fees.
- Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2019 was $1.5 million, or $0.04 per share, compared with a net loss of $2.9 million, or $0.10 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 and a net loss of $2.7 million, or $0.08 per share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- Excluding non-cash expenses, Adjusted EBITDA was negative $1.2 million and a negative $2.5 million for the quarters ended June 30, 2019 and 2018, respectively. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
Nine-Month Financial Highlights:
- Revenues for the first nine months of fiscal 2019 totaled $3.7 million, an increase of 37% from $2.7 million from the same period in the prior fiscal year. The increase in revenues was due to an increase in service revenues of $1.4 million, or 92%, offset by a decrease in product revenues of $344 thousand, or 28%. The increase in service revenue was attributable to an increase in revenue of $1 million from the licensing agreement in the cannabis industry, as well as increases of $140 thousand for a pre-commercial feasibility project under the cooperation agreement with TheraCann entered into during 2018, $51 thousand for the government contract award and $143 thousand from pre-commercial pilots within the textile industry.
- Effective October 1, 2018, the Company was required to adopt Accounting Standards Update (ASU; the “Update”) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), utilizing the modified retrospective method. Had the Company not adopted the Update, the Company would have recognized additional revenue of approximately $851 thousand during the first nine months of fiscal 2019. This amount was primarily comprised of the recognition of $766 thousand during the nine months periods ended June 30, 2019, under a $1.15 million cotton order shipped in June 2018, with extended payment terms. The total cumulative impact of the Update that was recorded to opening retained earnings in fiscal 2019 was approximately $494 thousand. See Cumulative Effect Adjustment and the Impact on Current Period Financial Statements of Adopting Topic 606 attached.
- Operating expenses for the nine months ended June 30, 2019 increased by $486 thousand or 5% for the same period last fiscal year. The increase is primarily attributable to an increase in stock-based compensation and legal and professional fees, offset by a decrease in payroll of $659 thousand.
- Net loss for the nine months ended June 30, 2019 was $7.4 million or $0.21 per share, compared with a net loss of $8.2 million or $0.28 per share for the nine months ended June 30, 2018.
- Excluding non-cash expenses and interest, Adjusted EBITDA for the nine months ended June 30, 2019 was a negative $6.1 million as compared to a negative $7.6 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
Fiscal Third Quarter 2019 Conference Call Information
Diesen Artikel teilen