Annual General Meeting in ASSA ABLOY AB
STOCKHOLM, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The shareholders of ASSA ABLOY AB (Reg. No. 556059-3575) are hereby invited to attend the Annual General Meeting to be held on Thursday 25 April 2019 at 3.30 p.m., at Moderna Museet (Museum of Modern Art), Skeppsholmen, Stockholm, Sweden. Registration for the Annual General Meeting starts at 2.30 p.m.
Notice of Attendance
Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting must:
- be recorded in the share register kept by Euroclear Sweden AB on Wednesday 17 April 2019, and
- notify ASSA ABLOY AB of their intent to attend no later than Wednesday 17 April 2019. Notice of attendance can be given on the company's website www.assaabloy.com, by telephone +46 8 506 485 14 or in writing by mail to ASSA ABLOY AB, "Annual General Meeting 2019", c/o Euroclear Sweden AB, P.O. Box 191, SE-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden.
When giving notice of attendance, please state name, personal or corporate identification number, address, telephone number, number of shares and names of any assistants attending. An entrance card, to be shown at the registration for the Annual General Meeting, will be sent as confirmation of the notice of attendance.
Nominee registered shares
Shareholders whose shares are nominee registered must, in addition of giving notice of attendance, request that their shares be temporarily registered in their own name in the share register (so called voting right registration) in order to have the right to attend the Annual General Meeting. Such registration must be effected by Wednesday 17 April 2019, and shareholders should inform their bank or other nominee well in advance of this date.
If participation is by proxy, the proxy should be submitted in connection with the notice of attendance and the proxy must be presented in original at the latest at the Annual General Meeting. Proxy form is available on the company's website www.assaabloy.com.
Processing of personal data
For information on how your personal data is processed, see:
- Opening of the Annual General Meeting.
- Election of Chairman of the Annual General Meeting.
- Preparation and approval of the voting list.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Election of two persons to approve the Annual General Meeting minutes.
- Determination of whether the Annual General Meeting has been duly convened.
- Report by the President and CEO, Mr. Nico Delvaux.
- Presentation of:
a) the Annual Report and the Audit Report as well as the Consolidated Accounts and the Audit Report for the Group,
b) the Auditor's statement regarding whether the guidelines for remuneration to senior management adopted on the previous Annual General Meeting have been complied with, and
c) the Board of Directors proposal regarding distribution of profits and motivated statement.
- Resolutions regarding:
a) adoption of the Statement of Income and the Balance Sheet as well as the Consolidated Statement of Income and the Consolidated Balance Sheet,
b) dispositions of the company's profit according to the adopted Balance Sheet, and
c) discharge from liability of the members of the Board of Directors and the CEO.
- Determination of the number of members of the Board of Directors.
- Determination of:
a) fees to the Board of Directors,
b) fees to the Auditor.
- Election of:
a) the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors,
b) the Auditor.
- Resolution regarding guidelines for remuneration to senior management.
- Resolution regarding authorization to repurchase and transfer Series B shares in the company.
- Resolution regarding long-term incentive program.
- Closing of the Annual General Meeting.
Item 2 – Election of Chairman of the Annual General Meeting
The Nomination Committee, appointed in accordance with the instructions for the Nomination Committee resolved by the Annual General Meeting 2018 and consisting of Chairman Carl Douglas (Investment AB Latour), Mikael Ekdahl (Melker Schörling AB), Liselott Ledin (Alecta), Marianne Nilsson (Swedbank Robur fonder) and Anders Oscarsson (AMF and AMF fonder), proposes that Lars Renström is elected Chairman of the Annual General Meeting.