Tobii Interim Report for the First Quarter 2021
STOCKHOLM, April 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Tobii AB (publ) today announced its results for the first quarter 2021
Comment by Tobii's CEO Henrik Eskilsson:
"During the first quarter, business activity continued to increase in all three divisions. However, the pandemic continues to have a substantial negative impact on sales and Tobii Dynavox was also negatively affected by supply chain disruptions.
Today we are announcing plans to create two independent companies – Tobii Dynavox and Tobii. Thanks to good performance and a strong outlook, we are now ready to take this step and I am optimistic about the potential to thereby create even stronger conditions for our long-term growth and success."
First quarter January- March 2021
- Revenue was SEK 339 million (380), corresponding to organic growth of 1%.
- Gross margin was 71% (71%).
- The Group's operating result improved to SEK -9 million (-23). Tobii Dynavox contributed SEK 27 million (36) and Tobii Pro SEK 2 million (1) to earnings, while investments in Tobii Tech had an impact of SEK -40 million (-61) on the Group's operating result.
- The operating result for the period amounted to SEK -3 million (-16).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.03 (-0.17).
- The Group achieved organic growth despite significant headwinds from the pandemic and supply chain disruptions.
- The operating result continued to improve, taking Tobii at a good pace toward achieving full-year profitability in 2021.
- Tobii Tech received six design wins in several application areas, including personal computing, eye disease treatment, radiology workstations, and ADHD screening and therapy.
- Tobii launched several new and improved products, including Tobii Horizon for head tracking in computer games and a solution for reading research in the Pro Lab analysis software.
- The Board of Directors initiated a review of the group´s structure and started preparations to distribute Tobii Dynavox to Tobii´s shareholders with a subsequent public listing.
Comments from the CEO