Corneal Topographers Market Size Worth $915.6 Million by 2027 Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ - The global corneal topographers market size is expected to reach USD 915.6 million by the end of 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing incidence of ophthalmic disorders including cataract and diabetic retinopathy is expected to accelerate market growth. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2015, 20.5 million Americans were cataract patients, out of which, 6.1 million people underwent cataract surgery. CDC further stated that the patient population suffering from cataracts is estimated to escalate to 30.1 million by 2020.
Key suggestions from the report:
- North America accounted for the largest share in 2019 owing to increasing awareness initiatives led by various organizations, increasing prevalence of preventable vision loss, increasing product approvals combined with higher adoption of innovative ophthalmic diagnostic systems in the medical settings
- The placido disc system segment dominated the market owing to its high usage in hospital settings with advantages such as effective anterior eye screening capabilities and availability
- By application, the refractive surgery evaluation segment is expected to register the highest CAGR as corneal topographers are common diagnostic tools for measurement of refractive error
- By end use, the hospital segment accounted for the largest corneal topographers market share as an increasing number of hospital settings are equipped with technologically advanced systems for conducting ophthalmic surgeries
- The leading players present in the market include Carl Zeiss AG, EyeSys Vision, Cassini Technologies, Nidek Co., Ltd., OCULUS Optikgeräte GmbH, Tomey Corporation, Tracey Technologies, and Topcon Corporation
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Corneal Topographers Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Placido Disc System, Scanning Slit System, Scheimpflug System), By Application, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/corneal-topographers-market
Growing efforts of government organizations to increase awareness and reach an effective ophthalmic care through ambulatory centers are expected to bolster market growth. For instance, the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) and the World Health Organization (WHO) launched an initiative named Right to Sight, intending to eliminate preventable vision loss in patients suffering from various eye conditions.
Frequent new product approval is expected to aid corneal topographers market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in January 2017, the U.S. FDA approved Aladdin corneal topographer HW3.0 developed by Topcon Medical Systems for distribution in U.S. The new version includes features such as central pachymetry, toric IOL calculator, thereby allowing precision diagnosis.
Grand View Research has segmented the global corneal topographers market based on product type, application, end use, and region:
- Corneal Topographers Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Placido Disc System
- Scheimpflug System
- Scanning Slit System
- Corneal Topographers Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Cataract Surgery Evaluation
- Corneal Disorder Diagnosis
- Refractive Surgery Evaluation
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Corneal Topographers End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Corneal Topographers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- U.S. Registered Nurses Market – The U.S. registered nurses market is anticipated to grow significantly over the forecast period. The high number of retiring baby boomers and increasing demand for nurses is expected to drive the market growth.
- Empty IV Bags Market – The global empty IV bags market size was valued at USD 2.99 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% over the forecast period.
- Positive Airway Pressure Devices Market – The global positive airway pressure devices market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter