Three Gold-Bearing Boulders Fields Found Over 2.0 km and Additional Results on the O’Neil Gold Zone of the Williams Brook Property
RIMOUSKI, Quebec, Sept. 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Puma Exploration Inc., PUMA-TSXV, (the “Company” or “Puma”) is pleased to provide additional results, following those reported on September 01,
2020 on the O’Neil Showing, from its initial reconnaissance exploration program conducted on the Williams Brook Property, in Northern New Brunswick, an Atlantic Province of Canada.
- Three (3) new gold-bearing boulders fields discovered over 2.0 km along the O’Neil Gold Zone providing excellent location for new potential discoveries.
- High grade gold samples, grading 12.9 g/t Au, 2.7 g/t Au, 2.5 g/t Au and 1.6 g/t Au from selected float samples* collected at the O’Neil Gold Zone.
- Additional selected grab samples collected at the O’Neil Showing with up-to 43.9 g/t Au in the main vein and 16.9 g/t Au and 2.2 g/t Au in quartz stockworks and veinlets within the surrounding rhyolite.
- Initial selected grab samples grading 0.86 g/t Au, 0.46 g/t Au and 0.34 g/t Au collected at the new Twin Vein Showing located 100 meters south of the O’Neil Showing.
- Current extensive trenching program ongoing to verify the extensions of the O’Neil Showing and to locate the source of the gold-bearing boulders fields.
*Rock grab and float samples are selective by nature and may not represent the true grade or style of mineralization across the property.
Marcel Robillard, Puma's President & CEO stated, "We are very excited to have discovered gold-bearing boulders fields for more than 2.0 km
along the interpreted O’Neil Gold Zone. Each of these areas have the potential to host significant gold mineralization similar to the O’Neil Showing where the main vein contains up-to 109
g/t Au. Short-term current follow-up work mainly include trenching operations to verify the extentions of the O’Neil Showing and to find the source of those gold-bearing boulders fields
where usually the overburden is less than 2 meters thick."
O’NEIL GOLD ZONE (OGZ)
The O’Neil Gold Zone has now been followed over 2.0 km in length and includes, from south to north; the Twin Vein Showing, the O’Neil Showing, and the continuous gold-bearing boulders. The first phase of the 2020 summer exploration program lead to the discovery of a high grade gold O’Neil Showing. The highest gold sample, grading 109.5 g/t Au, is part of a quartz vein (ranging from 30-50cm) followed and sampled, so far, over 10 meters in length. The average gold grade samples of the vein of 27.4 g/t Au over 10 meters (109.5 g/t Au, 38.8 g/t Au, 21.0 g/t Au 7.38 g/t Au 6.63 g/t Au, 5.55 g/t Au and 2.94 g/t Au)*, was estimated from chip and grab samples collected continuously every 1.5 meters on the main vein.