Intertape Polymer Group Publishes 2019 Annual Sustainability Report - Seite 2
- Awarded the 2019 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence designation(1)
- Adopted the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, a globally recognized measure of safer, more sustainable products, for certain products to drive and measure the Company’s product innovation process
- Achieved a 3.7% reduction in energy intensity in 2019 compared to 2018
- Achieved an approximately 6% reduction in carbon intensity in 2019 compared to 2018
- Achieved a 6.5% reduction in water usage in 2019 compared to 2018, primarily driven by decreases at the Truro, Nova Scotia manufacturing facility
- Signed the United Nations Global Compact (the "Compact") agreeing to adopt the ten principals governing Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption; as a result, IPG expects all of its suppliers to support the Compact's principals
- Certified the recyclability of non-reinforced WAT through the Western Michigan Old Corrugated Cardboard Equivalency protocol
- Committed to the Association of Plastic Recyclers to be a Demand Champion in 2021 by reporting the Company’s impact on the demand for post-consumer resin
- Awarded 2020 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence designation(1)
- Proud initial donor of the University of Florida’s “Waste-to-Syngas” initiative
The 2019 report utilizes GRI standards as a reporting framework. It is IPG’s goal to continue to enhance and develop its processes that will improve the quality and transparency of the Company’s external sustainability information against the GRI framework. This report also serves as IPG’s first annual Communication of Progress to the Compact.
Read the full report at https://www.itape.com/sustainability.
(1) ENERGY STAR is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations partner with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions that improve air quality and protect the climate. The ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award distinguishes corporate energy management programs. It is the highest level of EPA recognition. Partners must perform at a superior level of energy management and meet the following criteria: demonstrate best practices across the organization; prove organization-wide energy savings; and participate actively and communicate the benefits of ENERGY STAR. The ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award recognizes organizations that have consistently earned Partner of the Year for several years in a row. Annual achievements must continue to surpass those in previous years. Sustained Excellence is presented to a partner at EPA’s discretion.
Intertape Polymer Group Aktie jetzt über den Testsieger (Finanztest 11/2020) handeln, ab 0 € auf Smartbroker.de