Leading Communications Service Providers at the Forefront of 5G are Enabling New and Exciting Experiences with Amdocs
Amdocs is collaborating with major industry players and associations as 5G evolves our digital society
ST. LOUIS, Oct. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, announced business momentum of its 5G efforts,
allowing service providers and startups to make today’s impossible, tomorrow’s possible with 5G, cloud and edge-based offerings.
- In 2021, Amdocs has engaged in more than 25 new 5G operations and monetization projects across 15 countries, including agreements with communications
service providers like AT&T, T-Mobile and Three UK.
- Amdocs recently announced an expanded collaboration with Microsoft to enable service providers to transform with cloud-native solutions and cloud transformation services, and deploy 5G
networks for consumers and enterprises in the cloud.
- Regarding innovation, Amdocs was selected by Orange to provide the business support systems for Europe’s first 5G Stand Alone (SA) experimental cloud network launched in July in
- Through its work with the 5G Open Innovation Lab and collaborators like T-Mobile and Microsoft, Amdocs has invested significantly in developing state-of-the-art
5G use cases around driverless cars, rural connectivity, food resiliency, and enterprise. The
Lab’s joint effort ensures startups across a broad
spectrum of industries have the expertise they need to build what’s next in edge computing, setting the groundwork for our increasingly connected digital society.
- Amdocs’ 5G solutions have been recently expanded to serve the 5G
Value Plane, ensuring communications service providers can innovate, launch, execute and monetize amazing new experiences for their customers. With an end-to-end, automated approach to
service lifecycle management, data analytics, network orchestration, API exposure, policy and charging, 5G Value Plane acts as a powerful and distributed “brain.” It empowers the seamless
integration of business, IT, enterprises, and partners within the 5G network.
- Amdocs successful focus on 5G has been recognized by Light Reading with two Leading Lights awards, for Outstanding Digital Enablement Vendor, and Most Innovative Hybrid Networking Strategy.
Anthony Goonetilleke, Group President of Media, Network and Technology, said: “As more 5G standalone networks are launched across the globe, Amdocs is enabling communications service providers to unlock 5G’s full potential, creating new capabilities, unique business models and game-changing opportunities. Connectivity is the backbone of modern society, and 5G represents an opportunity to expand connectivity, generate new revenue streams and deliver next generation experiences for customers.”