Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund Surpasses $4 Billion in Assets Under Management
Griffin Capital Company, LLC (“Griffin Capital”) announced today that Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund (the “Fund”) surpassed $4 billion in assets under management.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191210005933/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
“We greatly appreciate the support of our shareholders and we will remain true to the Fund’s stated objective of delivering returns comprised of current income and capital appreciation with moderate volatility and low correlation to the broader markets,” said Dr. Randy Anderson, President of Griffin Capital Asset Management Company and Founding Partner of Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund. “Market participants continue to struggle with rising levels of volatility within traditional asset classes due to trade wars, Fed policies and geo-political uncertainty. We believe that our alternative strategies, combined with our ability to actively manage risk as market conditions change, has been a solid contributor to our performance to date.”
Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund Specific Results (Class I Shares as of November 30, 2019)1
- 7.78 percent total return year-to-date
- 46.80 percent cumulative total return and 7.35 percent annualized total return, since inception
- 11 out of 11 positive months in 2019
- 21 out of 21 positive quarters inception to date
1. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Data source: Morningstar Direct. The Fund's inception date was 6/30/14. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. The most recent performance is available at www.griffincapital.com.
About Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund
Griffin Institutional Access Real Estate Fund (the "Real Estate Fund," tickers: GIREX, GCREX, GRIFX, GLREX, GMREX), a closed-end, interval fund registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940, is an actively managed portfolio of private real estate funds and public real estate securities, diversified by property type and geography, offering daily pricing and periodic liquidity at net asset value. The Real Estate Fund will make quarterly offers to repurchase between five percent and 25 percent of its outstanding shares at net asset value. The Real Estate Fund began reporting on NASDAQ on June 30, 2014 with an initial share price of $25.00 and reported a share price of $27.55 for Class A, $26.69 for Class C, $27.86 for Class I, $27.41 for Class L, and $27.15 for Class M as of December 9, 2019. The adviser of the Real Estate Fund is Griffin Capital Advisor, LLC, a majority owned subsidiary of Griffin Capital Company, LLC.