Spaceflight Inc. Celebrates 10 Years of Business and the Successful Launch of More than 300 Satellites - Seite 2
Beyond the launches, Spaceflight has accomplished other noteworthy milestones, including:
- Pioneered the Sherpa-NG program, which includes three ESPA-class space vehicles complete with electric and chemical propulsion for last-mile delivery in space; the first OTV (Sherpa-FX) flew on record-breaking SpaceX Transporter-1 launch.
- Executed the historic SSO-A mission, the first Falcon 9 dedicated rideshare mission, which launched 64 satellites from 34 customers from 17 countries. At the time, it was the largest number of satellites to ever launch from a U.S.-based vehicle.
- Orchestrated the first-ever rideshare mission to GTO, launching the first privately funded lunar lander.
- Opened a new state-of-the-art integration facility in Auburn, Wash. where the team conducts end-to-end spacecraft testing, integration and engineering services.
- Secured a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) contract to offer cost-effective launch services for U.S. government organizations.
- Unveiled the first online booking site for customers to reserve launches and a mission management portal for easy online launch campaign coordination.
- Acquired by Mitsui & Co., Ltd., in partnership with Yamasa Co., Ltd., enabling deep resources to propel innovation and expand service offerings.
In January 2021, Spaceflight completed the successful launch of Sherpa-FX which carried 15 spacecraft on the record-setting SpaceX Transporter-1 mission. For its next mission, Spaceflight will be coordinating launch and mission services for several U.S. government spacecraft to the International Space Station on the SEOPS-3/ NG-15 mission. The company plans to launch approximately 10 missions across its global launch vehicle portfolio in 2021.
About Spaceflight Inc.
As the premier global launch services provider, Spaceflight is revolutionizing the business of space transportation through its comprehensive suite of launch services and Sherpa orbital transfer vehicles. The company provides unprecedented launch flexibility to ensure customers' smallsats get to orbit exactly when and where they want through a combination of long-standing relationships with a diverse portfolio of launch partners, innovative satellite integration capabilities, including flight and ground support hardware, licensing and logistics management, and extensive mission management expertise. Based in Seattle, Spaceflight has successfully launched hundreds of satellites and is a part of the Mitsui & Co., Ltd. portfolio, operating as an independent, U.S.-based company. For more information, visit http://www.spaceflight.com.