Patriot Drills 1.17% Li2O over 33.8 m and 0.85% Li2O over 56.6 m, Extending Mineralization along Trend and Down-dip in First Reported Core Assays from 2022 Drilling at the Corvette Property, Quebec
Strong lithium and tantalum mineralization confirmed in first series of core sample assays received for drill holes CV22-015, 016, 018, and 019, including
- 1.17% Li2O and 111 ppm Ta2O5 over 33.8 m within a wider zone of 0.80% Li2O and 118 ppm Ta2O5 over 95.8 m (CV22-019)
- 0.91% Li2O and 127 ppm Ta2O5 over 29.0 m within a wider zone of 0.85% Li2O and 122 ppm Ta2O5 over 56.6 m; and a separate zone of 1.53% Li2O and 137 ppm Ta2O5 over 13.1 m (CV22-016)
- 1.01% Li2O and 100 ppm Ta2O5 over 25.8 m (CV22-018)
- 1.22% Li2O and 113 ppm Ta2O5 over 6.8 m (CV22-015)
Core assays confirm the lithium-tantalum mineralization extends approximately 250 m along trend to the northeast from drill hole CF21-002, and continues down-dip
- Lithium mineralization has been traced through drilling over a strike length of approximately 900 metres within the 2.0+ km long core area of the pegmatite trend, to a vertical depth of approximately 155 m
- Mineralization remains open along trend and down-dip
Core assays for additional sixteen (16) drill holes from the winter program remain to be reported
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patriot Battery Metals Inc. (the “Company” or “Patriot”) (CSE: PMET) (OTCQB: PMETF) (FSE: R9GA) is pleased to announce the first series of analytical results for drilling completed this winter/spring at the Company’s wholly owned Corvette Property (the “Property”). The Property is located proximal to the regional and all-weather Trans-Taiga Road and powerline infrastructure, within the James Bay Region of Quebec.
Assays are announced herein for drill holes CV22-015, 016, 018, and 019, which were designed to test the northeastern and down-dip extension of the lithium-tantalum mineralized zone at the CV5 Pegmatite. All four holes were collared over lake ice at an orientation of 158°/45°, with end-of-hole depths ranging from 149.9 m to 252.1 m, and each returning strong grades of lithium and tantalum. A summary of lithium (and tantalum) intercepts for the four (4) drill holes (CV22-15, 016, 018, and 019) are presented in Table 1 and Figure 2, and core photos of mineralized intercepts in Figures 3, 4, and 5. Drill hole locations for holes completed as part of the winter program are in Figure 1.