McPhy Announces the Success of its Capital Increase € 180m Raised from Strategic Investors, Historical Shareholders and New Institutions to Fund Global Scale-Up of Zero-Carbon Hydrogen - Seite 2
Jillian Evanko, Chief Executive Officer of Chart Industries, comments: “We are thrilled by the success of the offering and the reception McPhy has received from the institutional investor community. This is a landmark for hydrogen and underscores the potential we, McPhy, and Technip Energies, have to lead in the full hydrogen value chain globally. We look forward to begin working together on the many commercial opportunities ahead.”
Arnaud Pieton, President of Technip Energies, states: “The collaboration with McPhy is an important milestone for the future of the green hydrogen industry and demonstrates our ambition to accelerate the journey to a low-carbon society. We will work with McPhy to develop large scale and competitive carbon free hydrogen solutions from production to liquefaction, storage and distribution which we firmly believe is core to achieving net-zero targets. We are excited to be also joined by Chart Industries whose expertise lies in equipment development and is complementary to our process technology and project capabilities. We are proud to keep the same pioneering spirit and our commitment to technology and outstanding project execution to serve the energy transition.”
Advisors to the Company:
Bryan, Garnier & Co Limited is acting as Sole Global Coordinator and Sole Bookrunner in connection with the Offering. King & Spalding acted as Legal Advisor to the Company and to Bryan, Garnier & Co Limited as Transaction Counsel.
Highlights of the Offering:
- Gross proceeds from the Offering amount to € 180 m, an 20% upsize compared to the anticipated amount announced on October 13, 2020.
- 7,659,574 new shares were issued, representing a dilution of c. 38% based on the number of shares outstanding prior to the Offering.
- The subscription price of the new shares was set at € 23.50, representing a discount of 8.56% to the last closing price and of 11.78% to the volume weighted average price over the three preceding trading days1.
- Strategic Investor Chart Industries subscribed to 1,276,595 shares for € 30 m, and now holds 4.59% of the capital post-Offering.
- Strategic Investor Technip Energies subscribed to 638,297 shares for € 15 m, and now holds 2.29% of the capital post-Offering.
- Historical long-term shareholder and strategic partner EDF Pulse Croissance Holding subscribed to 255,319 shares for € 6 m, and now holds 14.14% of the capital post-Offering.
- Historical and strategic long-term shareholder Ecotechnologies Fund managed by Bpifrance Investissement subscribed to 340,425 shares for € 8 m, and now holds 6.00% of the capital post-Offering.
- Institutional investors subscribed to 5,148,938 shares for an incremental € 121 m under the institutional placing.
Upon completion of the Offering, the share capital of the Company amounts to € 3,338,316, corresponding to 27,819,300 shares with a par value of € 0.12 each. By way of illustration, a shareholder holding 1% of the share capital prior to the Offering and which did not participate in the Offering will hold 0.72% after completion of the Offering.