One Billion People to Receive COVID-19 Communication Powered by Twilio Within 12-24 Months - Seite 2
“With Twilio Flex, we were able to stand up a hotline for COVID-19 testing that we’re now using for vaccine distribution logistics across the state of Texas,” said Ryan Ahlfors, director of information technology at Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council. “The speed of deployment, ability to quickly adapt, ease of use and seamless integration enabled us to stand up the vaccine hotline in one day. It has handled over 30,000 calls about vaccine distribution logistics since launch and logistically, has been a breeze.”
Federal, State and Local Governments, Health Services, Educational Institutions, NGOs and Nonprofits Rely on Twilio Vaccine Solutions
Over 100 federal, state and local governments have turned to Twilio for COVID-19 response support including vaccine delivery by enabling the distribution of public information and engagement:
- The Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council and the Texas Division of Emergency Management created a hybrid hotline and phone system using Twilio Flex in support of the state of Texas, currently handling up to a thousand calls a day about vaccine distribution logistics.
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services utilizes Twilio Messaging to extend their existing contact tracing capabilities to support their massive notification efforts, especially to rural areas to advocate for the acceptance of the COVID-19 vaccine. The state has sent more than 400,000 vaccine related text messages in under two weeks.
Nearly 250 health systems are building solutions on Twilio that support appointment coordination, distribution logistics, follow-up and vaccine effectiveness monitoring:
- St. Luke's University Health Network, one of the top 100 health networks nationally, built St. Luke’s Shot-Line in two weeks using Twilio’s platform. Shot-Line allows for full automation of COVID-19 vaccine scheduling via voice to make it quick and easy for patients to get vaccinated - in English or Spanish. Prior, patients waited hours for a live agent or up to two days for a call-back, even with an expanded contact center. Patients are now able to schedule a vaccine appointment within 2-3 minutes and have a confirmation texted to them.
- MaineHealth, the largest health system in Northern New England, built and deployed a hotline and SMS program on Twilio to manage vaccine eligibility alerts and scheduling. The hotline has received over 230,000 inbound calls in the last 30 days, enabling its health practices and hospitals to focus on providing necessary care and vaccine coordination.
- Spectrum Health based in Grand Rapids, Michigan is using Twilio SMS and Voice to send 20,000-40,000 automated vaccine appointment reminders per day tied to their Epic electronic health record system.
Twilio is also helping in other ways, such as supporting community-driven initiatives and helping to hire vaccinators: